Advanced Learner Loans


Helping you create your future


Advanced learner loans are available for individuals aged 19 or above to undertake approved qualifications at levels 3 to level 6, at an approved provider in England. Advanced learner loans give individuals access to financial support for tuition costs similar to that available in higher education and are administered by Student Finance England.


Whether a learner can qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan depends on their: 

ETS Cross Bullet Point   course 

ETS Cross Bullet Point   age (19 or older on the first day of your course)

ETS Cross Bullet Point   nationality and residency status

Your course must be:

ETS Cross Bullet Point   a Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 qualification

The Student Loans Company have created an eligibility tool for learners considering an Advanced Learner Loan.

How to Apply

 ETS Cross Bullet Point   Check with us that the course qualifies.

ETS Cross Bullet Point   Ask us for a ‘Learning and funding information’ letter – you need this to complete the application. It contains the details about your course.

ETS Cross Bullet Point   Apply online – you’ll need to register first. You can apply by post if you cannot apply online.

ETS Cross Bullet Point   You’ll get a letter confirming your loan – usually within 2 weeks if you apply online (postal applications take longer).


You’ll have to start repaying your loan when your income is over a certain amount (the ‘threshold’ amount).

You’ll be charged interest from the day you get the first payment.


Finance Your Future, Today 


Call now to find out more about the courses
that the loan can support