Apprenticeship Recruitement

An apprenticeship is a genuine job with an accompanying assessment and skills development programme. It is a way for individuals to earn while they learn, gaining valuable skills, competence and knowledge in a specific job role. ETS will provide a FREE OF CHARGE service when recruiting an employee who undertakes an Apprenticeship with ETS.

Getting to know you

We will send a representative to your company to complete the relevant documentation and get to know your company and the type of individual that will suit your business. 

 

Finding what is right

Applicants apply to ETS directly by submitting their CV. This gives ETS the opportunity to check they meet your vacancy criteria and eligibility for funding.

 

Starting the Apprenticeship

Once you have found a successful applicant, we will arrange for a representative to visit both you and your new apprentice to sign them on to the apprenticeship programme.

Advertising the vacancy

We will then advertise your vacancy on the Find an apprenticeship site, advertise on our website as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages.

 

Interviewing the applicants

To save you the the hassle you will advise us of an interview date and time and we deal with all the arrangements and paper work on your behalf.

Getting to know you

We will send a representative to your company to complete the relevant documentation and get to know your company and the type of individual that will suit your business. 

 

Advertising the vacancy

We will then advertise your vacancy on the Find an apprenticeship site, advertise on our website as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages.

 

Finding what is right

Applicants apply to ETS directly by submitting their CV. This gives ETS the opportunity to check they meet your vacancy criteria and eligibility for funding.

 

Interviewing the applicants

To save you the the hassle you will advise us of an interview date and time and we deal with all the arrangements and paper work on your behalf.

Starting the Apprenticeship

Once you have found a successful applicant, we will arrange for a representative to visit both you and your new apprentice to sign them on to the apprenticeship programme.

Important Information

Levy

Employers who do not pay the levy, and those who want to invest more in apprenticeship training than they have available in their levy accounts, benefit from significant government funding to support their commitment to apprenticeships. These employers must make a financial contribution, a ‘co-investment’, alongside this government funding.

For apprenticeships that start between 1 August 2020 and 31 July 2021 the rate of co-investment is 5% of the total price of the apprentice’s training, with the government covering the remaining 95% of the cost up to the funding band maximum.

Additional payments for employers

When employers take on a 16-18-year-old on an apprenticeship standard, they receive £1,000 to help meet the extra costs associated with this. This will be paid to employers in two equal installments at 90 days and 365 days. These payments are made to employers via their training provider, who will pass the money on. These payments come direct from the government and will not be deducted from an employer’s account. 

An incentive payment will be made to employers who hire an apprentice between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021. There will be two levels of payment based on age. For apprentices aged 16-24 the payment will be £2,000, and for apprentices aged 25 or over the payment will be £1,500. The payment will be made directly to employers in two equal instalments, where the apprentice is still in learning at day 90 and day 365.

Non Levy

Employers who do not pay the levy, and those who want to invest more in apprenticeship training than they have available in their levy accounts, benefit from significant government funding to support their commitment to apprenticeships. These employers must make a financial contribution, a ‘co-investment’, alongside this government funding.

For apprenticeships that start between 1 August 2020 and 31 July 2021 the rate of co-investment is 5% of the total price of the apprentice’s training, with the government covering the remaining 95% of the cost up to the funding band maximum.

Salary

Salaries are the responsibility of the employer. The national minimum wage (NMW) depends on the employee’s age. The NMW from 01 April 2020 is; 16-17 – £4.55, 18-20 – £6.45 and 21-24 £8.20. The national living wage is £8.72 per hour for workers aged 25 and older. The NMW for an apprentice is £4.15 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. The wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.

As an employer you will not be required to pay National Insurance for your apprentice if they are under the age of 25.