Safeguarding and Prevent
ETS is committed to safeguarding the rights of learners within all training locations. It is committed to promoting their welfare, protecting their physical and psychological well-being and protecting them from all forms of abuse.
ETS expects all staff, visitors, employers and learners to share this commitment.
ETS aims to achieve this by taking all reasonable steps to protect learners from neglect, physical, sexual or emotional harm, discrimination and/or stealing.
ETS will do this:
- By ensuring all staff are carefully selected, trained and supervised
- By having clear reporting lines so that learners can voice concerns or complain about any issues they are not happy with
- By responding to allegations appropriately with full investigation
- Through implementation of ETS’s Safeguarding Policy, adherence to the Safeguarding Code of behaviour and staff training.
ETS will not tolerate harassment on any grounds to any learner or employee.
ETS is committed to:
- Promoting a culture where harassment or bullying is neither condoned or tolerated where it is found to exist
- Challenging inappropriate actions or behaviour
- Ensuring any complaints are investigated quickly, effectively and sensitively.
As part of the overall Safeguarding of learners ETS is committed to fulfilling its obligations in respect of the Prevent Duty.
Protecting learners from radicalisation is seen by ETS to be part of its wider Safeguarding duties and is similar in nature to protecting learners from other forms of harm.
The Prevent Duty is not intended to stop learners from having views on controversial issues but it is important that the risks associated with terrorism are understood by staff, learners and employers.
As part of the Prevent Duty all staff have received training which will assist them to identify learners who may be at risk of radicalisation and for them to know what steps to take if a problem is identified.
ETS will promote British Values which include:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance for others faiths and beliefs.
Learners/Employers who have concerns should contact a member of our Safeguarding Team on 01392 445 444 / 01872 300 123 / 07756147275 (24 hr) or via email: email@example.com