This one-day course is suitable for anyone wanting to gain knowledge and confidence in managing projects as well as learn management and leadership skills.
The course is delivered using action learning sets, examples, learner input and live scenarios.
The course covers:
- Definitions of project management
- Principles of project management
- The 5 phase process of project management including planning strategies and contexts
- Stakeholders—who, what, when, why
- Project management tools and their application
- Leadership in project management including live performance profile of learners
- Final confirmation exercise
Daz Davey (tutor) has been teaching, coaching and mentoring students and business for 25+ years. His experience extends a wide scope from professional sporting teams to global organisations. To date he has delivered workshops to England RFU, England Football pre-world Cup, England Rowing (pre-world championships), numerous professional rugby clubs including; Exeter Chiefs, London Welsh, Llanelli, Neath and Plymouth Albion. He is currently working with the Canucks, Les Rouges, the Canadian Rugby team in their preparation for the Rugby World Cup in Japan 2019. Away from the sporting arena he has developed leadership and management standards in numerous national and international organisations such as Darwin Escapes, NHS, HSBC, Regional public sector organisations and most recently worked in collaboration with the executive team of ASOS. Daz’s USP is his ability to bring learning alive with his energetic approach using metaphors and analogy’s in order to make sense of and cement learning. His strap line ‘ATTITUDE THE GAME CHANGER’ is fundamental in everything he does.