ETS are delighted to offer a one-day qualification to provide you with the knowledge to recognise a range of mental health conditions, how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
The qualification is assessed through a written assessment paper and the practical demonstration of the first aid action plan for mental health. Learners must successfully pass both parts of the assessment to be awarded the qualification.
To request more information or a booking form please contact us on 01392 445444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.