Functional Skills: Functional Skills in English and Maths
On programme duration: Minimum of 15 Months
Who is it for? You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries. This could be in many types of environment including contact centres, retail, webchat, service industry or any customer service point.
This qualification is ideal for those looking to develop their skills within Customer Service, whether they are new employees who want to learn and progress, or existing employees who are looking to further develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours.
The main purpose of a customer service specialist is to be a ‘professional’ for direct customer support within all sectors and organisation types, including contact centres, retail, webchat, service industry or any customer service point . You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries. As an expert in your organisation’s products and/or services, you share knowledge with your wider team and colleagues. You gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in service.
On Programme Training—Training and development takes place during this part of the apprenticeship which may include a qualification if it is identified as a requirement in the standard. Formative assessment of knowledge, skills and behaviours is required in the delivery of the standard and this will be outlined in the assessment plan. The apprentice and the employer will need to gather evidence for 20% off-the-job training using a variety of methods including; coaching, mentoring, knowledge workshops, one to one’s, research, on-line learning, role pay, shadowing, industry visits/ conferences, writing assessments/assignment, practical training and preparing for professional discussion.
- Assessment Plan A plan of the apprenticeship on-programme period of learning, development and continuous assessment, managed by the employer and training provider.
- Functional Skills Level 2 Will be delivered, if required, and will include English and Maths.
- End Point Assessment preparation ETS will provide the mock assessment materials, support and guidance, we empower apprentices to structure learning towards the end point assessment format to assure the best chance of success.
End Point Assessment The apprentice must demonstrate that they can perform in the occupation in a fully competent, holistic and productive way. The assessment plan for customer service practitioner has three modes of assessment:
- Practical observation with Q&As The observation should last about an hour and will allow the apprentice to demonstrate the full range of their knowledge, skills and behaviour (ksb). The practical observation will allow the apprentice to demonstrate all aspects of the standard being assessed. Standard questions will also explore the apprentices ksb.
- Work based project, supported by an interview Apprentices must submit a written report (2,500 words), on a project they have carried out, 2 weeks prior to an interview date. The work-based project is designed to ensure the apprentice’s learning meets the needs of the business and is relevant to their role. The work-based project will be supported by an interview. The interview will take place with an independent assessor. The interview will last for 60 minutes. The interview will focus on the written project and any supporting annexes.
- Professional Discussion The professional discussion will be 60-minutes. The on-programme portfolio will be used as a base to support the professional discussion, and will include 10-15 pieces of evidence. The professional discussion will be conducted in a suitable environment, and can be face to face or via on-line video.
ETS will support you in the selection and allocation of a single independent assessor to see each apprentice through all modes of assessment and assure consistent quality.
- Certification On successful completion, the end-point assessment organisation will apply for the apprenticeship certification. The certificate will then be sent to the apprentice’s employer.
Once the Customer Service Specialist Level 3 apprenticeship is complete, the learning doesn’t have to stop. ETS offers a full suite of programmes designed to take your apprentice onwards and upwards. Their next step could be Team Leader/Supervisor (Level 3) and on to Operations/ Departmental Manager (Level 5).