Website Croft Hall Medical Practice
is looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual who is motivated to offer great customer care and learn new skills during their time at Croft Hall.
The main duties include the following:
- Answering phone and logging all calls on the computer accurately.
- Reception duties including the responsibility of organising the reception area and waiting rooms.
- Dealing with patient’s queries and requests.
- Take messages from other health professionals.
- Give patients results of investigations over telephone and at reception.
- Support the prescription team when required.
- Entering hospital results on computer where necessary.
- Registering new patients and temporary residents and entering personal data onto computer.
- Checking electronic pathology linked results and action accordingly.
- Accessing scanned documents, read coding and action as necessary.
- Entering medical history and referral details on computer.
- Making appointments on computerised appointment system when necessary.
- Making outgoing calls to hospital departments and patients as necessary.
- Minute taking.
- Opening and distribution of post.
- Maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
- Daily checking, reading and sending of emails.
- To provide cover for members of the team during periods of sickness and annual leave.
- To work outside core hours on a rota basis when required.
- To support the delivery of the Covid Vaccination Programme.
£4.81 per hour
Monday to Friday – Shifts to be covered between the hours of 8:30am – 6pm with the occasional need for a late finish of 8pm and Saturday on a rota basis. Must be flexible on finish time which will depend on a doctor late finishing.
Professional, technical or innovative skills required:
- Ability to work accurately and concisely with attention to detail.
- Time management skills with ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines when required.
- Ability to work independently with minimum of supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Having regard to Data Protection, Confidentiality and Caldicott Guardian issues.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative offering support to colleagues when required.
- Flexible and positive approach.
- Excellent telephone manner.
Experience and Knowledge required:
- Background knowledge of an office environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other health care professionals and colleagues.
- Experience of working in General Practice and knowledge of the organisation and structure of primary and secondary health care is an advantage but not essential.
The Business Administrator – Apprenticeship Standard (Level 3) contains the following elements:
- Business Administrator On Programme Learning
- Business Administrator Knowledge sessions
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Business Administrator Gateway to End Point Assessment
- Business Administrator – End Point Assessment
About the employer:
Croft Hall Medical Practice providing care for approximately 8,000 patients with a practice area that extends across the whole of Torquay. They employ a full range of professional medical and clerical staff and their large, spacious premises enable them to house additional services. Croft Hall Medical Practice is a friendly, innovative, up-to-date and fully computerised surgery, which has been at its present location since 1995.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.