Introduction Microsoft Word
This one-day course has been designed specifically for the team leader who has to manage people whilst still working as part of the team; introducing the key skills necessary for motivation and team building. This course is suitable for existing or promoted team leaders, providing a foundation for motivating and building an effective team.
This course is ideal for anyone who needs to make presentations and has had no formal training in this area.
The course will cover:
- Outlining the major management and motivation theories
- Explain the difference between motives and incentives
- Describe the problems of punishment and reward as a method of motivation
- Identify ways of motivating members of own team
- Define ‘Action Centred Leadership’
- Identify different leadership styles and their appropriateness in differing situations
- Create SMART objectives
- Identify appropriate strategies for developing an effective team