Free Bespoke Training
Level 3 Award in Education & Training
Objectives of the qualification
The qualification is designed to meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers including:
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun or are about to begin
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification providing an introduction to teaching.
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop knowledge related to teaching and learning
- Develop skills in teaching and learning
- Achieve a nationally-recognised level 3 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in teaching and learning.
Entry requirements and Teaching Experience
All candidates must be employed or self-employed. There are no mandatory entry requirements although all learners will need to undertake an Information and Advice guidance session prior to undertaking the qualification and also take an initial assessment of skills in English and Mathematics. Any development needs that are identified as a result of this assessment will be recorded and an action plan agreed.
This qualification is a direct replacement for Level Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) and continues to be based around preparing and delivering a micro-teach session.
‘Tutor’ is the person delivering/facilitating the teacher education although they may also be referred to as teacher or trainer
‘Learner’ means the person undertaking this qualification
‘Student’ means the person or people to whom the learner is delivering the teaching and assessment
There are three units which must be completed and achieved in order for the qualification to be certificated.